Workshop Instructor (pdf)
Lynnwood will serve as a dynamic gathering place where community and creativity are celebrated. We believe the Arts contribute significantly to the building of community character. The arts complement other activities that the community engage in for mental health, leisure, and well-being.
Job type: Contract
Duration: 1.5 weeks, 37.5 hours (in-session), plus 5 hours allocated for planning.
Total Hours: 42.5 hrs
Schedule: 5 days, Monday to Friday, 9:30-5 (7.5 hrs); March 14 – 18, 2022 (March Break)
Rate: $25 /hr
The Creative Workshop Instructor will:
- Develop and deliver a week-long creative workshop, for youth and/or families, in one of the following areas: visual arts, pottery (hand-building), drama, media arts, fashion, creative writing and/or storyboard design, craft, or music, from a working knowledge.
- Coordinate and support administrative duties that contribute to the successful operation of the workshop (participant attendance).
- Develop and coordinate logistics to display workshop deliverables (presentation) in gallery spaces in collaboration with the curator.
- Want to have a positive impact on children and youth and want to share your love for art and making, while supporting Lynnwood Arts mandate.
- Demonstrated arts instruction skills and knowledge within the arts community.
- Experience in and knowledge of arts-based programming.
- A Maker or artist, with interest and experience designing and creating.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities.
- Experience leading in an experiential learning setting such as school, youth camp, museum interpretation, outdoor adventure, Montessori, Gifted, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt in an active work environment and obtain excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Respectful and compassionate in dealings with children and youth.
- Creative and energetic person who likes working with kids and exploring new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, and experience communicating with children and their families.
- Preferred CPR/First Aid certification.
- Have or be willing to obtain a “Vulnerable Sector Screening”.
Please reply with a cover letter and CV by January 31st, 2021 (by 8:00 PM) to:
Curator, Lynnwood Arts Centre
Lynnwood Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you need accommodations, please contact Samantha Purvis-Johnston.
Workshop Instructor (pdf)